Tuesday 19 April 2016

To lose a pet

Been spending most of my time caring for my poor rat Shredder, he had an operation back in February and he was doing so well until a nasty cancerous lump appeared and then another smaller one. 
So most forms of my social media presence has been slim to none really.

Few days ago I had to make the gut wrenching choice to put him down. I always have two sections of my heart battling it out, logic and emotion.

Logically, it was the right and smart thing to do. He would have suffered and been in pain and possibly starved due to the pain and being so uncomfortable and god knows what else and it was the best choice for him.

Emotionally, it broke my heart because I wanted to keep him alive, I wanted to be selfish and keep him with me. I loved his rat kisses and cuddles and how he would always sit back on his hind legs and hold his paws out for a treat and would steal my carrots. 

My emotions run high at all times, especially when it comes to all animals whether they are in my family or not. I couldn't actually say the words to the vet, I just couldn't bring myself to say the words and thankfully the vet knew my choice and didn't force me to say it. 

I will always love this little mischief maker, his brother shows awful signs of missing him too.


15/12/2014 - 15/04/2016

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment